Indictments snag meth maker suspects
The Powell Grand Jury released several indictments that included several peple being charged with assault and robbery. The indictments also included a man charged with sexual abuse and three men charged with making meth.
The grand jury indicted James Brian Helton, Carrie Helton and Tracy Helton for assaulting Edward Glen Venters with a rock. James Brian Helton was charged with first degree assault, while the other two face second degree charges. James Helton’s bond has been set at $50,000, while Carrie and Tracy Helton both have $40,000 cash bonds.
Shawn Baker was also indicted for first degree robbery when he allegedly pulled a knife on Donald Wells back in June. Baker, 30, then allegedly took Wells money and a cell phone that was worth more than $500. Baker’s bond has been set at $65,000 cash.
Clay City Police alleged and the grand jury indicted Leniel Tackett on a first degree sexual abuse charge. According to police Tackett allegedly had sexual contact with a minor under the age of 12 years old. Tackett, who is 25, has a $42,500 cash bond.
Three men accused earlier this summer with manufacturing methamphetamine were also indicted. Elijah Herald, Dario Spangler and Matthew Wilfong were arrested on June 20 following a traffic stop that led police to Herald’s home. A search warrant was executed and the three were charged were manufacturing meth. Each of their bonds have been set at $95,000 cash.
Indictments are accusations and not an indication of guilt. Each person is considered innocent until proven otherwise in a court of law.
The other indictments released by the grand jury, with the information available at press time are:
• Robert Barnes, 51, Terry Dunn, 38, and Clyde Dunn, Jr., 39; theft by unlawful taking, $15,000 cash bond;
• Sylvia A. Griffett, 28, assistance program fraud resulting in overpayment, summoned to court for Aug. 21;
• Kayla Adams, 21, assistance program fraud resulting in an overpayment, summoned to court for Aug. 21;
• Debra Crawford, 55, criminal possession of a forged instrument second degree, summoned to court for Aug. 21;
• Amy Campbell, 34, criminal possession of a forged instrument second degree, summoned to court for Aug. 21;
• Sidgel Ray Herald, 44, two counts of first degree trafficking in a controlled substance, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, third degree trafficking in a controlled substance, resisting arrest and carrying a concealed deadly weapon, $76,000 cash bond;
• Cody Campbell, 21, three counts of criminal possession of a forged instrument second degree, summoned to court on Aug. 21;
• Travis Harris, 30, manufacturing methamphetamine and possession of a controlled substance first degree; $85,000 cash bond;
• Lester S. Drake, 42, receiving stolen property worth more than $500 and persistent felony offender first degree, $15,000 full cash;
• Wilgus Roberts, 44, DUI, failure to use a seatbelt, operating on a suspended or revoked license, $29,000 full cash;
• Rebecca H. Ginter, 37, assistance benefit fraud resulting in receiving an overpayment, $14,700 surety bond;
• Ramona K. Noland, 36, assistance benefits fraud resulting in receiving an overpayment, $5,200 surety bond
• Edward Richard Crawford, II, 35, theft of identity by using his brother’s social security number and date of birth, $25,000 full cash;
• Shane B. Gulley, 27, receiving stolen property over $500, $18,000 full cash;
• Woodford Tipton, 29, flagrant non-support, $5,900 cash;
• Zachary Watts, 28, flagrant non-support; $2,500 cash;
• Brian K. Mullins, 33, possession of a forged instrument second degree, summoned to court on Aug. 7;
• Tina Watkins, 41, theft by deception over $500; and
• Hiram Gentry, 51, seven counts of wanton endangerment, $55,000 cash.